Thursday 20 April 2023

AYLI Favourite Flower

 Morning, Morning all!! I have a spring in my step today, it's my last day at work for a week and a bit (thanks to the Spring Bank Holiday tagged on the end!!). I am hoping for some fine weather to get out in the garden. I have some seeds coming on in the greenhouse that are doing well but the borders need a little bit of attention.

On the subject of flowers we would love you to share your favourite flower with us at


I am certain I have told you before that I have a memory of a glorious rose that Mum and Dad had growing in their garden called Blue Moon. I have never smelt a scent quite like it since and hope to actually find one locally to plant in my own garden, although they do not tend to do well on our windswept site. 


Anyway here is my own Rose inspired card using just a handful of the many, many paper flowers that I have in my stash. The paper is from a Craftwork Cards pad and the die cut Birthday and stamped Wishes are from Whimsy Stamps. The scalloped curved edge was made using an old Spellbinders die.


Thank you for your company today and I look forward to seeing your floral makes.

See you soon xx




11 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Such a pretty card, Sarah and I am a rose fan too! We had a Blue Moon in our garden some years ago but it didn't live too long. We are, however, consoled with the 11 varieties that have thrived. xx

Lynne said...

A very pretty card Sarah and I too have many paper flowers, but just don't seem to use them so much now x

Sue said...

Beautiful card Sarah ...weather is gorgeous here so I'm going to sit in the garden for a bit hugs Sue x

brenda said...

We have a Blue Moon and yes it does smell lovely, but I think Albertine just might pip it, it's a real oldie climber and a cutting I took from Dads garden many years ago.

The design of your card inspired by the Rose is very pleasing on the eye and the gingham gives a lovely fresh feel.

B x

meg said...

Beautiful layout and card Sarah, diecutting the sentiment in the same paper you used in the background was a wonderful idea,

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful card. Roses are a wonderful flower. Elaine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love the gingham in pink and pretty edging and the little roses are so lovely..when I was a child our family home was opposite the Kennedy Park Rose gardens here in Napier, I walked through there to go to school on the odd days I decided to go, and there was a Blue Moon rose in there to, absolutely beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card! Love the dimensional flowers and layout.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful elegant card hun. LOVE the gingham and fabulous card design. The floral finishes are so pretty! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Brenda said...

Oh, my, this is gorgeous! Itʻs so dainty and beautifully put together. And those roses sound divine, must look into blue moon roses, tho roses donʻt really do all that well where I live.

Lena said...

Oh what a beautiful rose bush to have in a garden. I do hope you find one.
Your card is so beautiful and happy. Love the gingham paper!
Hugs,
Lena