Saturday 6 May 2023

April Showers bring May Flowers

 Hello everyone on this right Royal Saturday. (Edit... This should have appeared this morning!! Guess who forgot to set the right time?!!) I am planning a little Afternoon Tea for Hubby and I later by way of celebration. There is a street party going on in the village but we aren't ones for hordes and much prefer the company of our hairy kids so it will be just us at home. Whatever you are doing to commemorate the day, or not, I hope you have a good weekend.

The optional theme at Allsorts Challenge #727 today is

April Showers bring May Flowers

Now, it won't come as a surprise when I tell you that I have loads quite a few cute stamps and not too many florals in my collection (most of them have come from Allsorts wins in the past actually). Those that I do have didn't really fall into the May Flowers category. Shame on me, I found an unused Spring Wreath stamp and die set from Crafters Companion that fitted the bill perfectly.


I die sut the wreath shape in simmery cardstock and stuck underneath as a drop shadow. I really enjoyed the layering technique here and am really cross with myself for having not used it before.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope you have an enjoyable Coronation Weekend if you are here in the UK and an equally enjoyable weekend wherever you are in the world.

See you soon xx


13 comments:

Lynne said...

Love your colours and cas design. Just been watching the Coronation but not doing anything until we have a family bbq on Monday. It's bound to rain though! x

meg said...

A beautiful floral wreath Sarah,the colours and CAS layout are gorgeous

brenda said...

Sorry I created flowery stress Sarah, but I think it fits the brief perfectly, something about a floral wreath that always appeals.

B x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the wreath and pretty colours and a lovely sentiment too..We had the coronation last night on our telly but too late for I nodded off..time difference and stuff, have a good weekend..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lena said...

Happy Coronation weekend to you and hubby! I hope you enjoyed your tea!
Your card is simply beautiful. Love the shimmery shadow, it really brings out the beautiful colours you used for your wreath. I know that feeling of having a die or stamp and of never using it, I'm ashamed to say. But when you do get to use it it's like a new toy to play with :-)
Hugs,
Lena

aussie aNNie said...

Just a beautiful card , I love the images and colours. Lovely card design x

Pat said...

Lovely casrd Sarah, crisp and clean with a lovely wreath image. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Pat xx

Sue said...

A gorgeous wreath Sarah it's so pretty hugs Sue x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is very pretty Sarah, lovely colours in your wreath too.
Lorraine

Liz said...

Lovely CAS card Sarah, the wreath is so pretty. We have our street party tomorrow, looks like we will need plenty of gazebos to shelter from the rain. xx

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful card Sarah, love the wreath!

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with those great colors and awesome layered wreath! A perfect sentiment finishes this off beautifully!

Brenda said...

Such a beautiful wreath that you have come up with. I love how you created the drop shadow.