Saturday 13 May 2023

Allsorts Embellishments

 Well, Covid Clinic was bonkers!! On the plus side it was in the village hall but the wi-fi was not great and checking in 300 patients and the associated vaccination recording for each one took a very long time!! 

Still, it's lovely to have your company today and I hope you can be tempted to join in at

Allsorts Challenge #728 this week where the optional theme is

Embellish it.

When my crafty journey commenced I LOVED nothing more than throwing all the embellishments at my cards, ribbon. pearls, paper flowers, die cuts, you name it, I added it (example here). 

Nowadays, with the ridiculously high cost of postage I am a little more pared back but do enjoy a bit of faffing from time to time. This card was one such creation.


Ooh I had such fun. Pearls, doily, button, tag, twine and various off cuts of ribbon, seam binding and lace. I had also forgotten about the therapeutic qualities of decoupage, another long forgotten pile of A4 sheets that I discovered and thoroughly enjoyed doing.

Your embellished cards will be most welcome and we have some wonderful sponsors this month too.



WowVow, Oakwood Direct, Craft Stash

Before I leave you I would like to give you a heads up because Allsorts have a Birthday event next weekend so please have a read and do come along, you will be most welcome!!


I hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Bye for now xx


16 comments:

Mervi said...

Sweet card in lovely blue tones.
Sunny weekend greetings;-))m

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such a pretty card with lots of gorgeous embellishments too. I love your pretty ribbon detail.
Lorraine

Julie B said...

Such a pretty decoupage image Sarah, I found a few sheets in the bottom of a box the other day, certainly a blast from the past. In the beginning I couldn't quite get the fussy look right, so when I found CAS I embraced it wholeheartedly! :)

meg said...

A beautiful decoupaged image in gorgeous pastel colours,the girl is adorable,love your layout and choice of embellishments

Ellibelle said...

This is so pretty, Sarah! Love the way you framed the image panel with the lacy frame. And you've added such wonderful embellishments!

Linby said...

This is just beautiful and I love all the embelishments. I wish I could do this, I find I just can't do it!

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah. Love the image and the pretty frame die and embellies.
Lorraine x

brenda said...

It's an adorable card Sarah and the image is a delight with her Bluebells.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Very pretty card with those stunning colours, what a great design x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Sarah. The image is so pretty with a lovely vintage look. Lots of gorgeous embellishments too. xx

Inkyfingers said...

Ooh, I was just the same, Sarah, and had matching ribbons and buttons for all my coloured card. I'm only just getting around to passing it all on because I so rarely use it now! I love the decoupage on this beautiful card and you have certainly filled the brief on this one. I love that you took the trouble to stitch the button too! John went for his Covid vaccine on Friday and was in bed all day yesterday with aches, snuffles and feeling really tired. All okay today though thank goodness. 300 patients in one day is a big ask and I hope you've been able to relax over the weekend.
Hope you are well
Hugs
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous sweet image Sarah and I LOVE how you embellished your card, with the lace doily and pearl corners, the button and bows, beautiful, I love embellishing too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen C said...

Happy Birthday Allsorts!! Love all the lacy lace!! What a fun and girly card!
Hugs,
Karen C

Sue said...

Gorgeous decoupage card Sarah and love all your embellies! hugs Sue x

Brenda said...

Sarah, this is so beautiful. Love everything about it, but that ribbon (one of my favorites) is absolutely beautiful!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sarah, this is so incredibly pretty! That decoupage is beautiful and I love all the stunning accents, the pretty doily, the beautiful ribbons. Such a gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo