Saturday 2 March 2024

Allsorts Spring

Lorraine is host and optional theme picker at Allsorts Challenge this week.

The theme is Spring, of course you can also go with Anything Goes.

I used a gorgeous Imagination Crafts stamp set that I coloured with Promarkers. 



The background was colourwashed with Creative Expressions mica shimmer powder that I made into a wash. I used a subtle green shade that is visible here.


Our daffodils are looking gorgeous in the pet garden but we don't have tulips because of the windy aspect. We have tried in the past but they just don't survive so it's lovely to be able to see them on a card.

As always, we have amazing sponsors, prizes from whom will be announced at the end of the month.

Prizes from AALL and Create and Aldridge Crafts



Have a good weekend whatever you are up to xx





17 comments:

meg said...

The glittery coloured background looks gorgeous with the beautifully coloured tulips, I love tulips such a shame that they need lots of shelter from the wind

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous spring card Sarah, love the pretty tulips and soft colours
Lorraine x

Julie B said...

Very springlike Sarah, unlike the weather, currently grey, cold and wet. The first lambs are back but keeping undercover, most have managed to shed their waterproof jackets.
My daffs are doing well but like you tulips are a no, awaiting the Camassias in the long grass to bloom at least they'll appreciate the wet.

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful Spring card Sarah loving the Tulips and the background top notch work
hugs
lolo x

Linby said...

That's a lovely bold stamp and you've made a really pretty shimmery card.

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully done card Sarah. Love the Tulips and the shimmer on the background looks fantastic!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love the wash in the background, subtle but with impact and I love the tulips, so pretty, my Mum had a garden full of tulips once upon a time..

luv CHRISSYxx

Liz said...

Beautiful card Sarah, the lovely tulips make a great focal point.
Liz xx

Dena J said...

I love these big bold tulips, Sarah!

Jane Savage said...

Beautiful, Sarah! I love the soft colouring! xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
oh this is such a gorgeous card and your design is fabulous.
Love the Tulips and your wonderful background design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Mervi said...

Lovely and fabulous spring tulips card;-))m

brenda said...

Beautiful Spring Tulips Sarah and I can imagine the sparkle.

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The perfect image and card for my theme this week Sarah and I love the shimmer too.
Lorraine

Jules said...

Hi Sarah
I have this stamp in my collection and find it really useful.
I love your colour choices and the mica powder technique you have used very much.
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah, that tulip stamp is gorgeous as is your lovely colouring.

Pat xx

Brenda said...

Sarah, this is just beautiful. I can imagine how much it must shine IRL.