Tuesday 20 August 2013

Country Girl...

Good evening lovely peeps  and I hope that the sun is shining where you are. It's been glorious in Dorset today and I hope it stays that way tomorrow as a friend and I are off to an agricultural show to see what the horsey world are up to!! Which leads nicely to my card which is farm/country themed...


I was inspired by a couple of challenges that I found as I was trawling through blogland and dug out Chloe by Elisabeth Bell who I coloured with Promarkers. The colour combo of red, green and cream  was dictated by the papers which were a freebie ( funnily enough I already had them in digi form).To continue the rustic feel I distressed the edges of the papers and the frame with ink.  I rarely use flowers these days due to the postage costs, but felt this card cried out for some, so duly added a mix of paper ones and a little resin rose. I added some faux stitching with a white pen for a little interest too. Hope you like her!

I am playing along at these challenges

The Ribbon Girl - August Colour Challenge Red
Creative Card Crew #43 - Down on the farm
Creative Creations Challenge - Bingo...Ribbon, distressing, Kraft card
That Craft Place - Stitch...real or faux (faux in my case)
Passion For Promarkers # 212- Favourite colour combination
 (likely to become so over the coming months!)

Thanks for sharing your day with me and see you soon xx

14 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
oh this is such a pretty card. Love the colour combo, and those papers are fab. Well isn't she just a little sweetie.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Annette said...

Lovely out-doorsey card honey. I love the flowers!
Have fun at the show tomorrow.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

I love this card Sarah. Such a pretty image, fabulous colouring and gorgeous papers.
We have had glorious sunshine here too today. I hope the weather stays fine for you tomorrow and that you have a good time.
Sue xx

Karon said...

Such a beautiful card - love the papers and the layout. Sweet image and fab colours. TFS

Lisa xx said...

this is beautiful Sarah, fab image and i love the papers xx

brenda said...

Your card is totally delightful Sarah, love the image and the bright summery colours.

Enjoy the show, felt a bit hard done by this year as our East of England show was cancelled for some bizarre reason.

B x

Debs said...

Adorable card Sarah - sweet image and I love the beautiful DP's
Debs xx

Janice said...

Another lovely card with a very sweet image. Hope the show day was a success, Jx

mixamatoasties said...

What a lovely card.

Thanks for sharing at That Craft Place this time.

Susan

Marcee Rodgers said...

What a sweet card! I love the papers and your coloring rocks! Thanks for joining us at Creative Creations♥

Little K Smith said...

Such a lovely card, I love the pretty papers & image and gorgeous colours too!
Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers and good luck :)
Kelly.x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sarah, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Lovely card and great colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card crew!
Yvonne

Judith said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'BINGO' challenge! Good Luck,