Saturday 20 January 2024

Allsorts - January Blues

 I am hosting at Allsorts Challenge this week and I chose January Blues as the optional theme.


 Our sponsors are Polkadoodles and Oakwood

Blue is not a colour that I usually reach for so it was actually a challenge to myself and I really enjoyed making this card. I used another of Jules' Sketches #49 that was perfect for using up bits from my scraps pile.


The stamp set I used is Concord & 9th Winter Wear that is available here if you fancy it. I coloured her with Promarkers and used one of the accent stamps in two shades of blue as a background.


I made a bit of a boo boo and didn't die cut the circle large enough so stamped and cut out the scarf seperately and mounted it with foam pads. I like that look.

I hope that you will pay us a visit at the challenge blog and join us.

Wishing you a good weekend whatever you are up to xx


17 comments:

Julie B said...

Do love a good sketch Sarah and this is a great one, as you say perfect for using up those DP scraps. I thought the scarf was a design element, so it was a lucky booboo!:)

Lisa said...

This is a great image and I love the popped up scarf. Super papers you paired with it too.

Ellibelle said...

It's beautiful Sarah and I am loving all these pretty papers in blue.

Linby said...

No boo boo! It looks fab like that and who would've known? Lovely tones of blue and great use of the sketch.

Wendy said...

Hi Sarah, Gorgeous card, love the soft blues and her scarf looks fab raised up.. I am hoping to create and blog more this year 😊Wendy x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Sarah, I love the scarf out of the circle and all the blues and patterns from the papers, fabulous colouring too, love her hair....

Luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Sarah I love the image also the wonderful papers and sketch you have used a super make
hugs
lolo x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, Love all the shades of blue and the fab stamp - she looks great with her 3D scarf.
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card design using these pretty papers and a sweet image too. Thanks for a great challenge theme.
Lorraine

Liz said...

Super card Sarah, I love the layout of your design and the beautiful sentiment.
Liz xx

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah, your card is fab, I have to say I don't use a lot of blue either.... Good for you challenging yourself. Maybe I should do that more too. Really lovely card and that image is gorgeous. Hope you're okay. Hugs x

Mervi said...

Such a lovely image and fabulous card;-))m

Lynne in NI said...

Well you made a great job of both your sketch and your blue theme... LOVE this Sarah!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah, sweet image and I love what you did with the scarf it looks great, also like the background with all the different papers.

Pat xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
a true crafter knows how to salvage a project that's for sue.
Love your wonderful card and the fabulous sketch design.
That stamp is coloured perfectly too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Brenda said...

I absolutely love that you have popped her up...it makes her pop! I love the blues and your mix of patterns. Such a fun card!

Jane Savage said...

Love those luscious papers and the dimension. I could do with a scarf like that! xx