Thursday 25 January 2024

AYLI - Gems or Pearls

 Hello friends and visitors, it's lovely to have your company today. Isn't January romping by, a month ago since Christmas and galloping towards my Mum's Birthday in February.

It's a perfect oppurtunity to share her card as my DT piece for the new challenge at


where, this time, the theme for you is Gems or Pearls (with your reason).

I am a pearly kind of gal and tend to use mainly white or cream pearls on my makes. I love the subtle, elegant sheen that they add to a card. 

It's a "special" Birthday for my Mum, she's going to be 80.


With Amethyst being the birthstone for February I based my card around a purple theme. The purple satin cardstock that I used for the mats and 80 was a giftbox and just the right colour.
The adorable LOTV stamp was coloured with Promarkers and her wings were twinkled with Star Dust, of course!! She's rubber but you may still be able to get her in digi from here.





I hope you will come along and join in.

See you on Saturday xx

11 comments:

Julie B said...

What a lovely card for your Mum Sarah and of course it's a LOTV image! Sad to see that 100's of their digi designs are being taken down today. Still I did find a few of them in my shopping basket the other day! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Sarah your mum will love it for sure the image, papers, colours and pearls look superb
hugs
lorraine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
congrats on your Mother's 80th Birthday when it comes.
Your card is very beautiful and that image is gorgeous and coloured wonderfully too.
Great idea to incorporate the colour birth stone in the card.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Elaine Stark said...

Very pretty. Elaine

Liz said...

A beautiful card for your Mum’s special birthday, Sarah. I’m sure she will treasure it.
Liz xx

brenda said...

A belated visit and a C&P comment I'm afraid as MS preventing me doing much still, but can at least take a peek at what everyone is creating.

B x

Lisa said...

Super adorable image and really love the added sparkle to help with the milestone birthday.

Linby said...

This is so sweet and obviously made with love. Happy Birthday to your Mum for the day.

Brenda said...

I love your mix of papers, Sarah and that pearl is just the perfect elegant touch for your mom's card.

Brenda said...

I love your mix of papers and that very elegant pearl is the perfect touch for your mum's card!

Chrissy said...

What a little cutie Sarah with her sparkly wings and petticoat or under skirt, so very cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx