Saturday 13 January 2024

Allsorts - Make your own background

I have an extra special card to share with you today.

The optional theme at


is to make your own background.

I used lengths of ribbon to make this extra special, purple, shiny, sparkly card for Mollie Rose who is the grand old age of seven on Monday. Not quite sure how our baby Grandaughter has grown so quickly but she certainly has!!



She is a massive fan of all things purple so I gathered together all my purple ribbons and using double sided sheets stuck them down. I drew and hand cut the number seven into shiny purple mirri card (which I managed to photograph without glare!!) and used super sparkly glitter to hide the not so neat cutting. TODAY was die cut and the inny of the number seven was stuck inside.


I hope she likes it!! And I hope you will join us this week, our sponsors are



I will leave you with the upcoming Birthday Girl with her little Brother and Grandma (me) at Christmas.


Thank you for sharing your day with me xx






 

19 comments:

Linby said...

This is a brilliant design and love how you used the fairy ribbon to make it girly. Great photo too.

Liz said...

Wonderful card for Mollie Rose, I’m sure she will love it. Clever idea to use the ribbon for the 7. Wishing Mollie Rose a Happy Birthday for Monday.
Liz xx

Julie B said...

A lovely photo Sarah and any purple loving 7 year old would love the card, I know a rather older 'child' who would too! They do grow up so fast, our eldest is 14 next, then 7 and the baby will be 2 in a couple of months!! :)

Mervi said...

Great idea, lovely photo too;-))m

meg said...

Love your choice of ribbons for the focal image Sarah,thank you for your kind words and support

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous design Sarah and a great way to use up some of those small pieces of ribbon we all have left in our stash too. Happy Birthday to Molly! I'm sure she had a wonderful day.
Lorraine

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and wonderful photo!! hugs Sue x

Ellibelle said...

What a fun and creative way to use the ribbons, I am sure she is going to love her card! A really wonderful photo of you with your grandbabies too.

Lisa said...

I love your use of those ribbons. I have so much ribbon that I really need to get to using. This is inspiring. The picture of grandma and those little ones is precious.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Sarah, your 7 is wonderful and I love photo of you and the children who are adorable, how lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lynne said...

A very pretty no. 7 Sarah and brilliant way of using up some ribbons. Time flies by so quickly! Lovely photo of you all x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Sarah I absolutely love how you have created the number with ribbon it looks amazing so do you and your grandchildren a great picture
hugs
lolo x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, I love the way you've used the ribbon and I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.
A gorgeous photo too.
Lorraine x

Jules said...

Hi Sarah

A great way to use up small pieces of ribbon .. .. .. and a great finished look.

I hope that the birthday girl has a great day. She will love her card!

Great Christmas picture too. Happy times!!

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

Super lovely designed card and loving the colours you have used, just beautiful xx Love that precious photo too x

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous idea, Sarah and I'm sure Mollie Rose is thrilled with it. I especially love the fairy ribbon you added to the mix and I bet that's a big hit with her too! Love the Chrissie photo.
Happy New Year,
Hugs
Carol x

Jane Savage said...

What a lovely family picture and your card is a real winner too! xx

Pat K said...

Fabulous card for your beautiful little 7 year old. Time sure does go by quickly. Love the picture of you with your gorgeous grandchildren. Thank you so much for sharing. xx

Brenda said...

Such a beautifully designed card, I can't believe Mollie Rose is 7! What a precious picture of the 3 of you.❤️