Thursday 8 February 2024

AYLI - Stamps or Digis

Hello crafty friends I hope, wherever you are in the world, that the year is being kind to you so far.

It's Thursday so time for me to share my make for the new challenge at


It's STAMPS OR DIGIS this time and remember to explain why you have made your choice.

 I have rekindled my love affair with rubber/clear stamps this year and have had a great time trawling through my collection. My stamping platform has probably been one of my best crafty purchases ever. Unless I drop an ink pad (come on, you've all done it!!) 99.9% of the time I get a perfect clean impression.


My card was made using an older, super cute LOTV rubber stamp. I coloured with Promarkers and pencils and paper pieced the pooches napkin. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Make a Wish Stamp Set and I heat embossed it in black for a bit of impact. The stars (also from the same stamp set) were stamped in similar colours as the sentiment alone didn't quite "balance" the card, if you get my meaning.

So, that's me for today. I hope that you will come and support us.


See you Saturday xx

13 comments:

Lynne said...

A very cute image Sarah, lovely card and great paper piecing x

Julie B said...

Such a cute image and one I'm not familiar with, just have to love those LOTV images. Sad to see a lot of their designs wiped off their site, got quite a shock when I saw them being used by a demonstrator for Penny Black on You Tube! So much for heavy snow, so far that is, just a VERY wet morning with the odd flake. :)

meg said...

That's a very lucky pooch,a fabulous beautifully coloured image,wonderful CAS layout and card.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
beautiful card and such a sweet stamped image too.
Love the sentiment.
Yes I have done that too I mean dropped the ink pad as my fingers drop nearly everything these days.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Chrissy said...

Such a fun and sweet image Sarah and fabulous colouring and I love the stars and sentiment embossed in black and must admit that my stamping platform is a life saver especially for sentiments.

luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

Adorable image and fabulous colouring Sarah and I love the matching stars and the black embossed sentiment...my stamping platform is my life saver for sentiment stamping..

Luv CHRISSYxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sarah I love this beautiful creation it is also adorable and cute love the simplicity of the design it really works so well
hugs
lolo x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Sarah. I love the cute image.
Liz xx

brenda said...

Oh yes done that Sarah, a pair of beige trousers confirm and certainly a few times on the stamp platform. A very sweet card.

B x

Elaine Stark said...

So cute and pretty colours. Elaine

Linby said...

Oh this made me smile - gorgeous image and beautiful colouring and paper piecing.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh so cute! The paper pieced bib and sweet image, SO perfect! Gorgeous card hun xoxo

Brenda said...

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. I'm so glad I didn't miss this one, it's so cute! (And yes, I've done it. That or I've somehow gotten ink on my fingers and then all over my beautifully stamped image>)