Saturday 24 February 2024

Things that Fly - Allsorts #769

 Liz has chosen our optional theme at Allsorts this week...

Things that fly.

It wasn't until I had finished this card, using magazine freebies, that I thought I ought to check to see if flamingoes fly. Turns out they do...phew!!


This is actually a teeny weeny card and I had great fun making it. Once more, the stamp is a discovery from when I was having a work room revamp. I am certain the set was free with a magazine. One of those that very nearly hit the "cull" pile!!I inked the leaves in different greens for the background and the coloured and fussy cut flamingo was raised up on top. 


Prizes from AALL and Create and Aldridge Crafts

I hope you have a lovely weekend xx

16 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful card Sarah, lovely design. I wouldn’t have known if flamingoes fly either. We often visit a nearby Wetlands Centre where there are dozens of flamingoes, but I’ve never seen any fly.
Liz xx

brenda said...

They certainly do fly, remember being undeneath when several took off in Florida, quite a spectacle. Perfect sentiment for a Flamingo.

B x

Julie B said...

Fab use of that freebie Sarah, a great 'find'. :)

Lisa said...

Fun flamingo image and great sentiment too.

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful card Sarah, the Flamingo is gorgeous! Love Flamingos and somehow I don't think I have a single Flamingo stamp!!

meg said...

A fabulous background for that beautiful flamingo

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card;-))m

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sarah I love this little beauty that Flamingo looks great standing proud of the background it works so well I love the leaves and sentiment so glad it wasn't disposed of, lol.
hugs
lolo x

Chrissy said...

Love your background and the fun Flamingo and love the sentiment Sarah, fabulous card..

luv CHRISSYxx

Pat said...

Lovely card Sarah, cute flamingo image and great sentiment.

Pat xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great card using this lovely freebie Sarah.
Lorraine

Linby said...

Love a flamingo and this one is great against the leafy background. I have that sentiment it is from a Crafters Companion mag.

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
yes Flamingoes defintely do fly but as your card states they look more beautiful standing on one leg and you can enjoy their fab colours that way.
Love your wonderful card and brilliant stanped background.
Beautiful cutting out of the Flamingo.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Jules said...

Tee hee Sarah
I didn't know whether flamingos could fly either .. .. but I suppose there is no point in having wings if you can't fly!
Love this very much. The sentiment is brilliant.
Sorry, but I am very behind with my commenting .. .. but am here at last!
Hope you had a good weekend.
Love Jules

Carol L said...

That's a fun card with a great background and some very good fussy cutting of the flamingo. I love the sentiment too.

Brenda said...

I love this, Sarah. The stamped background is perfect!