Monday 14 March 2022

Beginning with B

 Happy Monday everyone. 

I might have mentioned before but I am not a lover of blue, unless it's navy so I never reach for it in crafting. The new challenge starts at The Cutie Pies today and the theme is Beginning with B so I challenged myself and used Blue as the starting point for my cute card and here it is.


I have surprised myself and actually love it!! I have no idea where the pretty paper came from but, as luck should have it, I had a perfect piece of cardstock to mat it upon. I had previously used the lovely set from Tracey Hey  and therefore knew that it is a LARGE stamp so didn't need any frippery. I had a lovely time colouring the beautiful bouquet. In reality the large blue flower is more the colour of the paper, cornflower blue, but the camera has, once again, done strange things!! Fussy cutting such a large piece was a challenge...Pauline, you would have been proud of me!! Promarkers, of course, were used to colour everything and good old Pinflair glue gel adds some dimension.

 I hope you will join us. Numbers in blogland seem to be getting lower and lower, both in visits to my blog and also entries in challenges. I know it is sometimes easier to click a like but honestly, you have no idea how much your comments and visits have meant to me over what has,  personally, been a really difficult couple of years. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Take care all and see you later in the week xx

18 comments:

Julie B said...

That image is beautifully coloured Sarah and well done you for embracing your inner blue!
I agree, personal blog visits appear to be well down, a symptom of the times I think, but I still can't get my head around Instagram! :)

Claire said...

B is for beautiful Sarah, the bunny is adorable and I just love that big blue flower drawing the eye into the cluster of flowers... very nicely done x

Jane Savage said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sarah! A fussy cutting masterclass for sure! xx

meg said...

A stunning card Sarah,love your background paper and the fabulous decoupaged image

Pat said...

What a delightful image Sarah, coloured beautifully, personally I love blue and your blue background paper is lovely. I know what you mean about blogland I had a look around challenges today and so many have closed down or on a break.

Pat xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is adorable. I love blue and this is really pretty

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Sarah, your blue theme is just lovely! And great job with your fussy cutting, mine would NEVER be that neat!

cotnob said...

An adorable card Sarah, a sweet image and lovely papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! love Tracey Hey stamps (must get mine out and have a play) LOL...I know what you mean about blogland and I think it's sad because I love seeing what my friends have made and it gives us inspiration too..lots of hugs xxxx

Chrissy said...

What an adorable and beautiful image Sarah and great fussy cutting, I love fussy cutting and love your blue, gorgeous card..I know the numbers are dropping for visits, so sad..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, and such an adorable stamp. Love the colours and design
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

A stunning card Sarah and love the cute image and beautifully coloured. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

It is a gorgeous image Sarah, you have coloured it beautifully too. Great job with the fussy cutting, especially those intricate areas between the leaves. Blue is not my favourite colour either and looking around my craft room there is a distinct lack of it in the cardstock and papers on the shelves now that I mention it :)
Lorraine

Brenda said...

Oh, my, this is too precious! Love it, Sarah, so soft and sweet.

aussie aNNie said...

Perfect card, stunning and very inspiring xx

Katrina Bufton said...

I'm not a big lover of blue either but this is gorgeous. Well done on your fussy cutting - that must have taken ages.
Hugs,
Katrina x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

So pretty Sarah. x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that wee bunny is enchanting Sarah! The bouquet is gorgeous too, love the sparkly touches and the pretty blue paper too. Gorgeous creation hun. I hear you on the blog visit rates dropping. I've been so busy, I don't have time to visit often, but like you, it means so much to me too, that it's still my favourite way to connect with my crafty pals. Hugs, Wends xoxo