Wednesday 23 March 2022

Bright & Cheery

 Hello friends. As surprising as it is, I am here with a card that I made just for fun. That doesn't happen very much these days as my card making seems to be specifically for Design Team posts. I stepped back from the cute coloured images that I am so fond of and made this for a friend.


I wanted bright and cheery colours so chose this lovely collection from Marianne Designs and die cut the flowers and leaves using a Creative Expressions floral set and some snippets of blue cardstock for the teeny tiny ones. I inked the edges and shaped them for some dimension and stuck them along the wavy edge with Pinflair glue gel. The mahoosive layered "Birthday" die set is a Whimsy Stamps one that was a gift from a lovely blogging buddy and I paired it with a random Happy stamp. I am imagining this layout as a Christmas card with snowflakes instead of flowers...good idea Sarah!!

I hope that my card has lightened your hearts in a world currently full of  horror.

See you soon xx

Some Challenges

Crafty Calendar - Spots, Stripes or Easter (if there aren't enough spots please delete me!!)




19 comments:

Julie B said...

A fab bright and cheerful card Sarah and I can just see the flowers replaced with snowflakes. Another bright sunny morning but no frost! We have some vvv noisy bottle reared lambs at the back at the moment so every time I step out the chorus begins!! :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is absolutely adorable Sarah, I love the bright colours and bold design, a super card. While I'm here I will also thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts challenge this week.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Sarah, you certainly achieved your aim to create a bright and cheery card - I'm sure your friend will love it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

You definitely created a bright cheerful uplifting card,the colours and your layout are beautiful

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love that gorgeous colour and pretty design...

brenda said...

A pretty and colourful floral creation Sara, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Feminine theme this week.

Agree on the 6am hack, was always my favourite time, birds, peace and quiet and just me and my boy, couldn't even get into the saddle with a ladder now, how things change.

B x

Claire said...

Ooh very pretty and so different for you but I love it, the border of flowers are delightful and it's a fabulous happy uplifting card x

Lynne said...

Fabulous colours Sarah, so pretty and a great design x

Mervi said...

Fabulous and adorable card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Chrissy said...

Beautiful bright and happy card Sarah, love the flowers and leaves and fabulous colours..the sentiment is a great size and totally love your design..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol S. said...

Lovely bright colours and a very uplifting card Sarah. A beautiful design. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That is beautiful Sarah, I LOVE the green! Lush and gorgeous creation hun. It has definitely brought a smile to my face and lightened my heart. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah, I love all those lovely bright and cheery flowers.

Pat xx

Sarn said...

A really charming flowery card you have here Sarah. It certainly cheered my day.

And you're right . . . it's a GREAT day to be hanging off the rope swing! I'm thinking of getting a hammock for the Playground Treehouse too! LOL! xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
tis is such a very cheerful card and beautifully created too.
Love the design and the flowers.
As you say harrowing times that's for sure.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Di said...

What a gorgeous card Sarah. So bright and cheerful - goodness knows, the world needs some of that right now. And yes, I can see it as a snowflake card design as well. So happy to see you playing along - if that Sarn begins to charge folk for using her hammock - be sure to let Dudley know! His silence can be bought with treats!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Beautiful card! What a great lot of die cuts, you've made them so bright and happy.

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the flowers and great colours. Thanks for joining in our March challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
Hugs
Bev x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Sarah and I love the vivid colours that you've used x