Monday 28 March 2022

White Christmas

 It always makes me smile when I am taking photographs of Christmas cards when the sun is shining and it's warm!! Still, had to be done so that I could share my DT piece for the new challenge at


We are now  Just for Fun challenge and always Anything Goes with a prompt if you would like to go in that direction. The additional theme this time is White Christmas and this is what I made.


I have looked in awe at the truly wonderful stitched cards that Lena shares on her blog and, as luck should have it, managed to find one of the die sets that she used, while paying a visit to Buddly Crafts looking for something else entirely!! Well, I just had to get it and it arrived after I'd coloured this cute couple so my original design changed so I could use it. I joined the lines with a silver pen as I didn't have time to stitch it. But watch this space, I am itching to have a go!! Thank you Lena for the inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by. See you later in the week xx

17 comments:

Jane Savage said...

So very pretty, Sarah! Not too sure I have the patience (or the eyesight) to do that delicate stitching so your silver pen idea is brilliant! xx

meg said...

Adorable snowcouple and beautiful shaped edges,the snowflakes sparkle beautifully

Julie B said...

What a super card Sarah, love the detail on the side panels, even if it isn't stitched!
Lambs are popping out a pace at the moment, perhaps they heard that snow is forecast towards the middle of the week! :)

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
this is such a delightful card and the stitched design looks very wonderful.
Your snow people are coloured wonderfully and I love that sentiment as well.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Sarah, love the die cut design and those snowmen are just adorable
Lorraine x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Lovely card Sarah. x

Lisa xx said...

Oooh this is gorgeous, the silver pen faux stitch looks beautiful and must've taken some patience....how sweet is this image too

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous shaped card Sarah to showcase your wonderful Snow-people.
Lorraine

Pat said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love the great design and your cute image.

Pat xx

Brenda said...

Sarah, you are brilliant! What a great sewing hack. This is such a cute card and works so well with the "stitching".

brenda said...

Love this shape and the sweet image Sarah, could it be a die I need?

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Colours are fabulous on this great card.. ♥

Sue said...

Such an adorable card Sarah love those snowmen and the edges of the card are gorgeous hugs Sue x

Megan J said...

Hi Sarah, you should have an Aussie Christmas celebration while the sun is shining! Love your cure snow people and the fancy die cut snowflakes, reminds me of paper pricking patterns that I used to do. Have a wonderful week, enjoy your warm weather... Megan

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card design Sarah and I love your sweet snow people and stitched detail, so pretty, gorgeous card.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

They're definitely Christmas Cuties, they look like really good friends. Great card shape too x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful card design hun. That stitched border is gorgeous! Love that cute snow couple, a really gorgeous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo