Thursday 31 March 2022

New or Recycled

It seems like only yesterday that I was posting the Non-Easter character challenge at


but those two weeks have flown and here I am again with another bit of inspiration for you.

 This time we are looking forward to seeing your projects using recycled or new (remember to tell us why). Well I couldn't make up my mind, I had some lovely stamps that I recently won over at Snippets Playground and a fabulous gift box that contained bathing goodies so I used both!!

Here is the box before I flattened it and cut it up.


The cheeky little stamp is a Saturated Canary one by the name of Oo La La.


I coloured her with Promarkers and fussy cut her. I am not a huge fan of the white showing but thought that she would "disappear" into the busy foiled mat and I was right, she stands proud with that white edge. I cut the box into six panels, one I kept whole and halved another to go either side, behind. The lid was a flat copper foil so that was used for the scalloped edge mats, behind her and behind the message. That particular stamp set was part of the challenge win (together with another SC stamp too!!) and came from IndigoBlu and is called Giggles. Honestly the sentiments/sayings are hilarious!!


I still have four panels of the box left and some parts of the base and lid which I think would look rather nice on a Christmas card so expect to see that later in the year!!

For now though I will say cheerio and wish you a good weekend xx

14 comments:

Julie B said...

Great recycling Sarah and I love the sentiment but could replace 85 with 75 or even 65!
Hard frost last night but mostly gone by 8:30, just the odd crunchy puddle. :)

meg said...

A gorgeous combination of new and recycling Sarah,love your image, sentiment,and beautiful background

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
that was such a pretty box and just could not be thrown away I'm sure.
I love the card you made fron it it's gorgeous.
Your image is wonderfully coloured and such a sweet one.
That sentiment just sums me up perfectly I can remember song lyrics right back to the sixties but trying to remember what I did 5 mins ago I can't just crazy don'tyou think.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Liz said...

Great card Sarah, the sentiment is SO true. lol xx

Elaine Stark said...

Great use of an old box, it makes a lovely background. Elaine

Chrissy said...

A fabulous box for recycling Sarah and you card is just gorgeous and love the fun image and colouring..the sentiment is me too..but if I turn around in the one spot three times I'm inclined to remember!!..that's if I don't fall over, ha ha ha..

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

She's a super image Sarah and the sentiment certainly raises a smile.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a fabulous card Sarah and I had a chuckle to myself when I read the sentiment as that's me all over! x

cotnob said...

A super card Sarah, a great image and fun sentiment - your box was perfect for recycling, far to nice to throw away.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Sarah, what a brilliant way to use your pretty box!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful so much to see and great details....love this xxx

Jane Savage said...

Inspired recycling, Sarah! A real WOW of a card and I love that sentiment.. it was clearly written for me! 😏

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Great packaging put to perfect use here on this lovely card Sarah.
Lorraine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, that sentiment is SO me! Hehe! Good choice with the white edge on your cute image. I agree, sets her out from the background. I love a bit of recycling too as you know, so that recycled gift box is fabulous as the base! So so pretty! Such a cool creation hun. LOVE it all! Hugs, Wends xoxo