Friday 30 August 2013

A bit of cutting and sticking...

Hello lovely peeps...nearly the weekend, but that means I go back to work on Monday :0( never mind, best get plenty of crafting in then!!

I have been decoupaging today and have to say I don't do enough of it especially with such an abundance of beautiful images available on CD roms these days.  This particular image is no exception and came from Joanna Sheen's Tom Mielko Project Book and it's gorgeous... who wouldn't want a house on the beach!?






 I decided on a gatefold card for a change

Here's a shot of the decoupage, I always curl it with my scissors so that the edges are pretty much flat and the glue gel is hidden.




I used the paper that was suggested on the CD for the inside and added the pink gingham from my scrap box. Ribbon and flowers all from my stash.





The inspiration came from here

Joanna Sheen Challenge - Pretty in Pink
The Cd Sunday Challenge - On the beach

See you soon xx

17 comments:

Wishcraft said...

What a pretty scene! Lovely card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Kim said...

fantastic card Sarah, and love the decoupage on that gorgeous image
Kim x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Sarah, decoupage is a favorite of mine and you've made a perfect job of it too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Sue T x
CD Sunday DT

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Sarah. I love the decoupaged image and gorgeous design.
Thank you, also, for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
Sue xx

Linby said...

oh this is soooo pretty.
Linbyx
GDT

Beryl said...

Now who would live in a house like this? I certainly wish I did. It's a gorgeous image and a super card. Thank you for joining us again this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

really beautiful Sarah,what a lot of work you done with this and it shows, thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT xx

Karon said...

Beautiful card and love the depth from the decoupage! TFS

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation and I am so glad to see you have used a JS product! Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen! xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
such a very pretty card today. I too love that image and your decoupage is fab. Great inside of the card too.
Well hasn't that week gone by so quick. It only seems like yesterday you said you were on annual leave.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lisa Minckler said...

I've given decoupaging a chance (or four) but it never ever looks this wonderful. What a gorgeous image you chose to use on your gatefold card, fantastically inspiring and cheerful. :)
hugs,
Lisa x

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty and I love the way you have teamed the image with gingham - looks fabulous.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Lorraine said...

I want to live there. Gorgeous.

Mojca said...

Waw so pretty Sarah! Hugs! Mojca

starcyl said...

Gorgeous card and another of my favourite cd's. Thanks for joining us this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Annette said...

Love your gate-fold Sarah, and such pretty papers too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts and Joanna Sheen challenge.
Wendy xx