Thursday 8 August 2013

Good morning crafty peeps. Today there is a new challenge starting over at As You Like It and we are asking you to share your projects using your favourite ribbon or twine ( and don't forget to tell us WHY).

Our fabulous sponsor this time is

who are generously giving a £10 voucher to spend on......ribbon!!

Anyway on with my card.I had a dilemma, I really wanted to use seam binding (my default ribbon!!) but my project collapsed :0(
Spotty satin ribbon came to the rescue and here is what I made..... :0)


I am soooo chuffed with the result as it's only the second time I have made one. It could do with a bit of fine tuning but by the time Christmas is here I shall be an expert!! If you'd like to have a go, there is an instruction sheet that you can print off here.

I am joining in here

ABC Challenges #39 - Monochromatic (red & white)
Creative Creations Challenges #16 - Monochromatic (red & white)
Winter Wonderland - Red, white & kraft
Christmas Cards all year round -  Extravagant & fussy (extravagant use of ribbon?!)

Toodles for now and have a good day whatever you are doing.
 If you have a mo pop over and see what my team mates have been up to xx


22 comments:

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! And looks ever so daunting. Great job! :-)

Janice said...

So very pretty, love these wreaths, but honest answer now, does it use a shed load of ribbon? Jx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card Sarah. Think I must try one of these,
Hugs Kelly

Sue said...

This is stunning Sarah. I love the design, gorgeous ribbon and fabulous colours.
Sue xx

nnalorac said...

Love your Christmas wreath Sarah, simple gorgeous. Must give this a try. Plenty of ribbon to try it pout! Carolxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Sarah,
fabulous card. Love the ribbon weaving. It does make super wreaths.
Yes you are right seam binding doesn't weave very good.
I find the narrower the ribbon the better it seems to come on mine.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Miria said...

Hi,Sarah! Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland with your lovely card, a gorgeous ribbon wreath!
Hugs,Miria x

Flutterby Trina said...

amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenges with our 'Monochromatic' challenge! Good Luck, remember you can enter upto three times and we have a DT call :) Hope to see you again soon xxx

Hazel said...

Wow! I love what you've done with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas card for CCAYR fussy and fancy' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh that looks fab Sarah, aren't you clever! Gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue said...

Fab plaiting Sarah I made a handbag card a few months ago and did that for the handle it just looks so pretty. Gorgeous card huggles Sue xx

Janice said...

Thanks Sarah - may give this a go once I have more time & have bought a big piece of ribbon! Jx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous a great take on the theme thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Mojca said...

Totally amazing card Sarah and such beautiful ribbon!!! hugs! MOjca

Lisa xx said...

ooooh Sarah this really is gorgeous, you clever old thing you!

Annette said...

Love this wreath Sarah.
It's a great idea.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karon said...

This is so pretty - love the ribbon wreath! TFS

AnnMarie said...

Very pretty! Gorgeous wreath!! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at ABC Challenges! :)

Patty Gorka said...

Beautiful, I love your wreath! Thanks for playing along with us and I hope you will join us again! www.abcchallenges.blogspot.com

Inkypinkydelights said...

Thank you for sharing at Christmas Cards All Year Round and Good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

Unknown said...

I love this wreath Sarah, it's stunning. Thanks for the link to the tut. :) You are so talented!!